Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Questions a Tenant Always Wonders when Renting an Apartment!!


Bookmark and Share
Century West Properties provides very useful answers to questions tenants always wonder at the moment they rent an apartment according to our tenant policies. Simple things are sometimes important to have into consideration when you are a tenant in a certain situation, this is why our property management company in Santa Monica offers you this information:

How long can I have a visitor stay with me in my apartment?
Visitors are limited to 14 days per year. Longer visits must receive written approval.

Can I paint the walls in my apartment a different color?
Making any changes to the unit without permission is strictly prohibited in your lease and may be grounds for eviction. Please obtain prior written approval from Century West Properties beforehand


I did some repairs around my house; can I take that amount off of my rent?
Making deductions in your rent without prior approval can be cause for eviction. The amount of rent due is your contracted amount. There are some situations where rent deductions are allowed, but only if they have been pre-approved by management.

I am having a plumbing problem! What do I do?

Call your resident manager or our office immediately!

What should I do in an emergency?
In case of fire or flood or other major emergencies, please dial 911. Other maintenance emergencies can be reported to our 24 hour maintenance emergency line at 310-899-9480.

Who pays for repairs in my unit?

You will only be billed for repairs if the repair was a direct result of actions that were the tenant’s responsibility.

When is my rent due and who do I make the check payable to?
Your rent is due on the first. Please check with your resident manager or the management office to find out who to make the check payable to.

Can I break my lease?

Breaking your lease can be detrimental to your credit and rental history. In special circumstances, a tenant can break their lease, however, fees to re-lease the unit, including leasing, advertising, administrative and maintenance costs, will be incurred. Please refer to your rental agreement for more information.

What do I do if a roommate leaves but I am staying?

All tenants vacating should give a written notice of vacating the unit. This will release them from financial responsibility of the rent if the current tenancy is month to month. 

When can I expect to receive my security deposit refund?
Your refund check will be mailed to you in accordance with state laws or within the time stated in your rental agreement. For more information about the security deposit refund process, please visit California Department of Consumer Affairs publication titled California Tenants-A guide to Residential Tenants’ and Landlords’ Rights and Responsibilities.

For More Questions Click Here!

VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION OR CALL (310) 899-9580






1 comments:

Kara said...

This is really good information. I know that it's difficult finding a decent apartment community, especially after the tenant screening process.

Post a Comment